To read this blog:

The most recent post is at the top of this page.
If you're new to this blog, and you want to get the whole story in order,
scroll down to the very first post called "Day 0: Our summer ends..."
and then work your way back up to the top.
(Trey's posts are black text, and Chris' are blue text)

Please leave a comment!

Below each post, click on the word COMMENTS to leave a message associated with that post.
You may comment anonymously if you don't have a Blogger or gmail account,
but please leave some clue as to your identity in the message. Thanks!


Day 17: How Mady feels about cancer

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - Friends have sent us a number of Cancer web links, from which I’ve learned a lot about the disease and about cancer awareness programs. I was familiar with the pink ribbon denoting breast cancer, but I didn’t know that most types of cancer have their own “awareness” color. As it turns out, Leukemia is Orange, and Lavender is the color that recognizes ALL cancers.

Mady and I found one cancer awareness product line particularly appealing and expressive of the way she feels about the disease. We ordered an orange Cancer Sucks hat for her, and some lavender Cancer Sucks silicone wristbands for family, friends, doctors, nurses… anyone who feels the same way and would like to wear one! They just arrived--stop by Ellison 1816 and pick one up…

We hope that the bracelets will help stimulate conversation and awareness about cancer, and that this will ultimately lead to increased donations for cancer research. Every dollar gets us closer to a cure for all cancers.

Plus, we find it just feels good to say "Cancer Sucks!"


9 comments:

rjb said...

THE BRACELETS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!
AND PURPLE!!!!!!!


You should get one.

Anonymous said...

Yes please! I want one! Maybe next Monday if Chris/Maddy want a visitor, I'll pick one up! Hope all is on the mend. Go Mady!
xxxSusan J.

Anonymous said...

To Chis &Trey...
I was just soaking in the tub and got to thinking about all of you. I just want the two of you to know what wonderful parents you are and what a fantastic job you are doing handling the situation at hand. I know it must be the toughest thing you've ever had to do, but you are both strong and will continue to make the best out of a terrible thing that has happened to all of you. Thinking of all of you...MeMe

char43 said...

Hi Boston, MA:

Love...love...love on the orange hat and the great purple "C-Sucks" bracelet. Wild applause!!!

Hugs to all,
Austin, TX
Connor, Donna and Charlotte

Cindy V said...

Trey, Chris and family,

Received word of your daughter's battle with Lukemia from Tami Lovin. Wanted you to know that Mady will be in our daily prayers from Southern Illinois. It is apparent from reading your blog that you have been blessed with a close and loving family. It seems that Mady is receiving excellent care in a good atmosphere!

Stay Strong, Fight Hard!

Cindy Body Vincent

Anonymous said...

Hi Mady, Chris, Trey and Julia,

Love the accessories and I love that website! Yje things you picked out are great-where can we order some bracelets for my brood?

Well-I enjoyed the candies that I gave to you and you gave to me. I feel like my teeth are going to fall out-goes with my hair!

I am so glad we got a chance to see you on Sunday. Your room is awesome-your family is so creative and fun-it was fun to see pictures of you when you were a baby!

Is Julia wrapped up in her scarf yet? Not quite the right weather!

I am headed to watch Hillary's field hockey game-I could actually go home and curl up in bed with my pup, there is lots of time later. I like to pretend I am asleep so I do not have to cook dinner!( Kind of like you when the doctors are around!! smart girl!) I guess they make do with cereal and tuns fish.

You take care and sport those awesome cancer bracelets and hats-

Thinking of you all everyday many times-sending lots of prayers and good vibs.
Love you-a

Anonymous said...

Hi Mady...Hang in there!
Everybody's rooting for you and the family. I'm glad you had a nice day outside the hospital.


Love ya, Cousin CiCi

Anonymous said...

Oh, I want one. I would wear it everyday, I swear. And it goes with my watch...
And yes, it does feel good to say "Cancer sucks", because it does.
~~Stephanie~~

Anonymous said...

Just got mine and am wearing it proudly. I love it!

Thanks guys.

Chico