To read this blog:

The most recent post is at the top of this page.
If you're new to this blog, and you want to get the whole story in order,
scroll down to the very first post called "Day 0: Our summer ends..."
and then work your way back up to the top.
(Trey's posts are black text, and Chris' are blue text)

Please leave a comment!

Below each post, click on the word COMMENTS to leave a message associated with that post.
You may comment anonymously if you don't have a Blogger or gmail account,
but please leave some clue as to your identity in the message. Thanks!


Day 236: Delayed Intensification almost over

Friday, May 2, 2008 - Tuesday Mady has an MRI to see if there is any damage to her leg and ankle bones from the dexamethasone. That particular drug can cause osteonecrosis (bone death), and they have actually temporarily stopped the COG study Mady was on due to the number of patients who have osteonecrosis following the 2 week intensive dose of that drug during the induction phase. Dr. Friedmann mentioned that they will make some changes to the study and re-start it. The fact that they stopped the study gave me some relief. Now I know if there is a problem, they will stop and readjust.

She also has her last dose of chemo for this protocol, and then Maintenance begins. This will end the most intensive phase of her 2 1/2 year treatment.

We are hoping to hear a positive from the Hole in the Wall camp, so please keep your fingers crossed on both the state of her bones and going to camp.

And an unexpected positive just in. Her labs just came back and her platelet count is low enough that she does not have to take her Lovenox shot until Tuesday. A low platelet count equates to thinner blood. Yahoo. Love. Chris

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are happy for the good news, and will keep our fingers crossed for Hole ITW! We rejoice with you!!GP&EXXXXOOOO

Anonymous said...

We LoVe YoU ! WhEn DoEs MiMi HeAr FrOm ThE cAmP? LoVe YoU, J,t,F

Anonymous said...

Arthuer Klein Family

I am copying you on a correspondence I send on to Mr. Paul Newman of Connecticut.

Hofully that should do the trick.

Annon.

:-)

.........
Hey Paulie,

I m mailin a stack of Andrew Jacksons for your personal use……..
freshly minted N untraceable.

Its an offer you can not refuse.
Maddy gets in to the Hole in the wall Camp this summer,
And you gets enough cash to buy an Escalade.

Waddaya think?

No Body asks questions, an, best of all
no Body gets hurt.
You unnerstan what im sayin here?

Ats what my associates an me calls a WIN WIN Situation!


Jonnie Two Tone

PS You got a pretty wife &
I know where you live.

fg/JTT (enc)

Anonymous said...

We want to pay tribute to Christine, the MOTHER of Mady and Julia, for her wonderful strength, warmth and constantly loving care. We thank you, Chris, and send our love to you on this, . your special Mother's Day. (May 11, 2008)XXXXOOOOGP&E

Bev Freeman said...

Hi to you four. I have tried to catch up tonight and have read that Nana Helen died - Chris's mom. I am very sorry. Of course I never knew her but her photo tells me she is someone I would have liked to have known. And somehow she looks familiar. There is a love and sympathy in her eyes, especially in the photo with young Mady, that is extremely engaging. Please tell me if I can be of help as the summer gets underway. It sounds like Mady is keeping her brain more than in gear. I'd be interested to know what she likes to read...and if she's "old enough" to think that Obama is the one...I know most people are sick of the media and sick of presidential politics, but I'm very hopeful. Bev

Anonymous said...

Hey guys

I hope all is well with the treatments.

Is a beautiful day here in NYC
and Im letting you know that I think of you every day!
John!