To read this blog:

The most recent post is at the top of this page.
If you're new to this blog, and you want to get the whole story in order,
scroll down to the very first post called "Day 0: Our summer ends..."
and then work your way back up to the top.
(Trey's posts are black text, and Chris' are blue text)

Please leave a comment!

Below each post, click on the word COMMENTS to leave a message associated with that post.
You may comment anonymously if you don't have a Blogger or gmail account,
but please leave some clue as to your identity in the message. Thanks!


Day 295: I want it long, straight, curly, fuzzy...


...Snaggy, shaggy, ratty, matty
Oily, greasy, fleecy, shining
Gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen
Knotted, polka-dotted;
Twisted, beaded, braided
Powdered, flowered, and confettied
Bangled, tangled, spangled and spaghettied!

O-oh, Say can you see; my eyes if you can,
Then my hair's too short!
Down to here, down to there,
Down to where, down to there;
It stops by itself!
doo doo doo doo doot-doot doo doo doot


Monday, June 30, 2008 - Well, I guess we needed something else going on in our lives... We've just hired a local contractor, Dan, to do some of the big projects that have been hanging over our heads for, well, years! Actually, the timing is pretty good since Chris and and the girls can live with her dad for a few weeks and we can keep Mady away from the construction dust. Dan had a unusual window of opportunity starting immediately, so... it has begun! We're having the front porch completed (it was 1/2 done when Mady was diagnosed last year and we pulled the construction plug), a new roof put on (we've been having leaking problems for a few years), and a new furnace/boiler put in (our 30-year-old one is highly inefficient and very nearly dead). Whew.

We've been trying to make things dust-proof by boxing and bagging, and it feels like we're getting ready to move or something. The cats and I will be staying here at night, sleeping among the boxes and bags (if Chris doesn't pack all my stuff up too).

Hey! Mady's hair is starting to grow back in, and it's really exciting! I'm going to try to get a picture of her to add to this blog entry, so check back in again soon. It's fuzzy, but starting to look very cute! Will it be long enough for the casting call of HAIR?... Not sure... :-)

On the down side, she's had a persistent cough for the past two weeks. A really BAD cough. The doctors gave her an antibiotic IV dose last week, and she's been taking oral anti-b's too, but it's still there. Could take 7 to 10 days, they said, and she's off her chemo until she's better. Apparently, this is one of those those things that will delay her final chemo completion date (see the Day 281 blog entry).

We're monitoring her for fever, of course, but in the meantime the world's loudest and most violent coughing continues, along with the comparatively soothing sounds of wood sawing and nail pounding...
-t

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you. Thanks for the new info. I know you are going straight out, and I have been sending air hugs. Can't wait to see you soon. Just know that we are all praying for you, and sending you strength. P.S. Make sure those contractors don't step on the blueberry bushes :)! J,T,F
P.P.S.S.Can't wait to see Mady's new hair, and any photos from camp. Favorite camp experience?

Rev Jo said...

Love your sense of humor! It's one of the must-haves for a CP, right? (Cancer Parent)

Anonymous said...

Hello Chris, Julia, Mady and Trey.

Much love from Andover! Mady, I hope you're cough is better soon because you need to rest up! Family Camp won't be any fun if you don't make it there! Trey, I hope you are up for some skiing.

Blessed be,
Mary Robb

Anonymous said...

Its been a while since we posted a comment but we check the blog all the time. We hope you all will be able to attend Family Camp. Only 6 weeks from now, can you believe it?! The kids are starting to bug us but we refuse to start the countdown until at least 20 days out. Hope the family trip and construction are going well.

-- The Rome's

Anonymous said...

we got your nice note. glad you are enjoying the soaps! we took your idea and created our own spot
http://lesliesparentspage.blogspot.com/

you can follow us through our daughter's surgery.

Anonymous said...

We got your nicenote,too. We hope everything is going well, and that cough has been eliminated. We also love you all very much! GP&EXXXXOOOO

Anonymous said...

Hello. I was doing a search for a calstat image and your web site came up, with a very good image may I say. I haven't read all the blogs but I started at the bottom and wow.... I have 2 chilren and I can't even imagine. I don't know Mady but I hope she is getting well. Good luck to all of you in your continued journey.
~ Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Hello. I was doing a search for a calstat image and your web site came up, with a very good image may I say. I haven't read all the blogs but I started at the bottom and wow.... I have 2 chilren and I can't even imagine. I don't know Mady but I hope she is getting well. Good luck to all of you in your continued journey.
~ Rebecca