To read this blog:

The most recent post is at the top of this page.
If you're new to this blog, and you want to get the whole story in order,
scroll down to the very first post called "Day 0: Our summer ends..."
and then work your way back up to the top.
(Trey's posts are black text, and Chris' are blue text)

Please leave a comment!

Below each post, click on the word COMMENTS to leave a message associated with that post.
You may comment anonymously if you don't have a Blogger or gmail account,
but please leave some clue as to your identity in the message. Thanks!


An Ellsion 18 Visit

Madeline was back at Ellison 18 this last week with a fever and the chills. Dr. Friedmann asked that we bring Mady into the emergency room when she heard that her initial fever went up past 101. Neutropenic again (330 anc), we stayed there for two nights. Her fever might have been caused by a virus or bacteria, but they have to assume it's a bacteria so they plied her with antibiotics for two days. Her fever went down, she read uninterrupted for many hours (who knew?) and we were given the OK to leave Tuesday. I'll admit to being very scared when she first starting having the chills and extremely relieved to see that it probably was viral. She's fine now, even her cold and cough seem to be going away. But there is another toenail infection (arrrgggghhh) requiring more foot baths but hopefully not surgery. Love, ca

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep thinking about all of you and hope to see you soon. Great job of keeping us all updated, informed, laughing and viewing a bit of your challenges. I am so glad Mady is home and love the "photo" of the Grand Canyon. Juliet and company

Anonymous said...

We love your new picture!!!! And we are so glad the fever and chills have been eliminated. Let's keep those toes good, too. You are beautiful!!!!!XXXXOOOOGP&E

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to read that Dec 10 began the downward slope of the 2 and a half years of treatment....barring any interruption, etc. Good. I like the downward slope concept. Best of luck and love this season and for the new year. Carlee

Anonymous said...

WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!! J,T,F

Anonymous said...

My head feels like it will explode now that I am caught up with your life over the past year, plus. When we did not receive a holiday card from you last year I said to Terre, out loud, 'There must be something up with Chris and Trey.' I am kicking myself for not getting on the phone then. I can relate to the huge change in your lives; you gain a sense of clarity about what is a priority.

Mady was a baby the last time I saw her, she and Julia have grown in to such beautiful, vibrant young ladies.

The Grand Canyon is awesome; I was there for the first time three years ago and a Condor circled just above us, it felt like we could reach out and touch it. I wanted to jump on its back like Gandolph did with the eagle and soar over the canyon.

Sending you the best wishes for the new year; for stamina and strength that is fueled by deep love;for rest and re-creation when needed; for healing and freedom from worry. Jennie

Gaba said...

Dear Mady, Julia, Trey and Chris,
I am sending you my best wishes for the New Year. I'm so touched by your abilities to communicate with all of us... you all rock! I continually send my best energy your direction. You all amaze me with your strength, wisdom, sense of humor and ability to communicate. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your stories, jokes and pictures with me. I have learned so much.

I, too have not seen you, Mady and Julia, since you were babes! You are both beautiful women! I hope a trip to Seattle is in your near future. I look forward to seeing you all whenever that happens!

Like skiing downhill, let's hope the last half of this 'hill' goes smoothly, fast, and beautifully! I think of you all so often. Take care. Much love, Becky (Bowman) Collier P.S.: Your Christmas picture is the BEST!!!