To read this blog:

The most recent post is at the top of this page.
If you're new to this blog, and you want to get the whole story in order,
scroll down to the very first post called "Day 0: Our summer ends..."
and then work your way back up to the top.
(Trey's posts are black text, and Chris' are blue text)

Please leave a comment!

Below each post, click on the word COMMENTS to leave a message associated with that post.
You may comment anonymously if you don't have a Blogger or gmail account,
but please leave some clue as to your identity in the message. Thanks!


Tamora Pierce

writes Young Adult (YA) fiction and all of her books have strong warrior girls who fight evil. In her bio she said she writes about woman/ girl warriors to correct the lack of girl warriors in the fiction she loved as a child. Her books are my daughter Madeline's favorite books. Madeline started reading them when she was 9 and has re-read them numerous times. I knew when Madeline was going through something particularly difficult, because she would bring a few of them to clinic with her to reread. Otherwise, she would bring a book she hadn't read. She asked me to read them midway through her protocol and I read them in the order that TP wrote them; the Alanna series was first, Bloodhound last, all in quartet format. My favorites are the Bloodhound and the Circle of Magic quartets but they are all powerful. I think they helped her get through her protocol, so I am passing these on as a supporting part to her meds. xo, ca

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally see how these books could support a young girl going through a very tough time in her life. Thank you for sharing this!
Love, J,T,F

Anonymous said...

I meant a young woman in that last comment. I guess I was thinking of my own young daughter's journey through life, and how much I appreciate all the helpful insights and tips about raising strong, capable, and assertive girls from others. You are a great mother, Chris, and a good role model for "strong, capable, and assertive!"
XO J